RestPit is a Nonprofit Harm Reduction organization that works with music festival promoters to provide a better experience for attendees.
The Goals of RestPit:
- Harm Reduction Education and Intervention
- Reduction of Medical Transportation
- Decreased Law Enforcement Involvement
- Emotional/Psychosocial Support
- Safe Return to Festivities
- 16‘x26‘x8.5’ tent
- A Safe Place
- Peer to Peer Support
- Harm Reduction Education and Supplies
- Trained Volunteer staff that walks the grounds and staffs the tent to assist people who may be emotionally distraught, exhausted and/or under the influence of intoxicants.
Free distribution of
- Ear Plugs
- and other Harm Reduction supplies
At the Promoters discretion RestPit can provide presumptive substance testing. (whats in your baggie?) for attendees and/or safety/security. Reagents testing can be very informative and help prevent negative outcomes of unknown substance use and help stop drug related mass casualties.